Saturday, January 13, 2007

A week and some change

We're all doing pretty well here. Finally starting to get into a rhythm with everyone. Night time is getting better now that I have a routine down (you'd think that by #3, this would be old hat...), and I'm not changing so many diapers at night.

A., who acted as our doula, mobilized moms from Liam's class into action, and they've been providing us meals for the past week. What a lovely gift! Out of everything, having a meal that I don't have to come up with and that we can heat and eat when we're ready has been lovely. I have so many thank yous to get out for this and from all the gifts that have been arriving for Corinna.

This week was her first visit to the doctor, and she's already up over 8 lbs. (yay mama milk!). Her length was 21 inches. We also sorted through some breastfeeding issues (thank heavens for friends in high places and craniosacral therapy!). I finally got some batteries for the camera, so I have pictures of the baby (we are awash in a sea of pink...and I LOVE it!! Hubby has said we need a moratorium on allowing any more pink into this house...):

She's growing in eyelashes and eyebrows (which are very light in color, so I'm thinking she's going to be blonde like the boys or have very light brown hair). Her eyes seem to be moving toward the blue range, though there's still plenty of time for that to change.

The thing that seems to be causing the most problem so far is her name...No one seems to know how to pronounce it. All the folks who have seen her name but not heard us pronounce it have been saying "kareena." So, in case you all were wondering, the correct pronunciation of Corinna is "core-inn-ah." No careening around here. Her name comes from the greek word for "maiden" and is a familiar form of the name Corinne.

Knitting and any other crafting has come to a complete standstill due to my inability to string more than a few minutes together at a time, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to work some in here and there as the days progress. Posting to the blog will likely be haphazard for a while, since I'm still getting my bearings.

2 comments:

Andi said...

Precious! So cute!

Sourire11 said...

she's beautiful.