Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Yes, I do still blog....

Been a busy week since I posted last. Part of why I haven't been posting is that I get my morning sickness in the evenings. By the time I get time to sit down in front of the computer and post (when the kiddos are in bed), I feel too yucky to sit in front of the computer. I haven't even been knitting lately. Hubby says you know I'm sick when I can't knit. I had the same problem when I was pregnant with Jonah. Something about knitting made me sorta motion sick until I got into my second trimester. Not too much further to go before I get there, so I'll be happy to get back to the needles and regular bloggin'. I spent most of the week getting ready to go to Indiana.

We spent the weekend in Indiana visiting my family, and a good time was had by all. The trip out there (5 hours in the car by myself with a 2.5-year-old and a 5.5-year-old...) was not fun at all, despite the DVD player we borrowed from a neighbor, but once we got there, it was worth the trip. Went to a wedding on Saturday that was held at a bed and breakfast resort right on Lake Michigan for a cousin that I haven't seen since childhood. The kids had a ball. The weather wasn't too cool, and the boys were insistent on spending as much time in the sand as possible. After a picnic dinner on the beach, playtime in the sand, and a gorgeous sunset, we headed up to the reception to warm up a bit and wait for the bonfire to start. The DJ was spinning tunes, and we all got out on the dancefloor. The kids have my dancing prowess (which means they really don't have any and looked like they were having epileptic fits, but since they're kids, its perfectly acceptable), and Liam stayed on the dance floor until the DJ packed up. He made many new friends while dancing (the ladies loved him!), and it was pure joy watching him dance and have such fun. Jonah fell asleep despite the music about halfway through the tunes (I knew he was tired when he wanted me to hold him and dance), and he napped until the music was through and we were ready to go down to the bonfire. We roasted marshmallows on a roaring fire down at the beach, but it wasn't long before the boys were ready to go home. It was after midnight by the time we left, and after 1 by the time we all got to bed. Jonah's been asking daily since if we can go to the beach, so I'd say a good time was had by all. Sadly, I was so occupied with keeping track of the kidlets that I didn't take any pictures. Bad mommy.

The trip home was similar to the trip out, long and grueling, but we were also glad to get home. The eggs have hatched as I suspected before we left as the daddy suddenly showed up, and there are three little babies in the nest. I surprised them last night when I tried to take a picture, and they poked their little heads up and opened their mouths. They're still pretty featherless, but I'm sure they'll fluff up quickly.


I also realized that I never posted about how the Day out with Thomas went. The kids had a good time, Jonah probably more so than Liam. We hit a break in the weather just in time for our ride (I swear, I'm so tired of the rain), and the river was really moving along as we watched out the window. We really need to check into doing some of the other (less expensive and longer) valley rides. Mr. Conductor took pictures with all the willing children, and we got one with Thomas, too.

That's all for now. Got some straightening to get done, and since it's sunny outside, I really want to get out and enjoy the weather! I'll close with a "who shrinky dinked the daddy" picture.

No comments: