Sunday, August 13, 2006

Weekend Update -- Prepare to be annihilated! Sock wars is coming!

Yup...seems I'm only posting on weekends these days. I'm enjoying the last hurrahs of summer. Swimming with the kids, trying to get the spring cleaning done (yeah, I'm a season off on that, but blame school and first trimester yucks), and prepping for the upcoming school year. Only a week and a half the big man goes back to school. Whee!

Needless to say, mentioning that I've been busy would be putting it lightly. I finally managed to add some pics to the last post I made when Blogger was being finicky. I still have more pics to download, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet. Maybe another day this week. Procrastination, thy name is Bunnie.

Progress has been made on the second blue fraternal stripe sock, and I hope to cast off on that bad boy in another day or so. I still need to snap pics of the yarn I picked up for the next pair (reminds me of rainbow sherbet, and I couldn't resist, so I've already swatched!). I've joined Sock Wars, so I will be a deadly assassin (hopefully!) in the next month. I will be sent a target's information (shoe size, etc) and the pattern, and my mission is to knit a pair of socks as quickly (and nicely) as I can to send to the target. Once the target receives my socks, she (he?) will be considered killed and will have to report their demise. They then send me their target's information and their unfinished socks, and I will quickly finish them and send them off in the hopes of killing their target before being killed. If I should receive a pair of socks, then I'm considered killed, and I have to post my death and send my unfinished knitting off to the assassin.

So what do I get out of it? Well, at the minimum a pair of socks. The last one standing gets other fun prizes. Luckily I have large (long) feet (what else would you expect of a bunnie?) so while that won't put me at an advantage in the first round (everyone will be paired with a similarly sized person), maybe it will help me a little in the long (get it? Long? hahahaha...Ok. It's entirely too late to be posting so you get to put up with my silliness and bad humor ;)) I'm also hoping that this will help fine tune my sock knitting skillz. So Merry Christmas everyone in the family. You're all getting socks this year. At least they will be hand knit. Unless the baby knitting bug bites me again soon, which is never out of the realm of possibility.

In other news, I had an interview last week for a job teaching something part-time and completely unrelated to birth (imagine that...there are things outside of birth for me!), and I got the email Friday that I got the job! The hours should be pretty flexible, and the pay should be pretty fair, and it's something that I can do until I decide I'm bored with it. Plus I get to go shopping for new clothes, which every girl who's growing by inches and pounds loves to do. Luckily maternity wear has a lot of lycra.

Ok...off to bed for this tired momma.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Everybody needs socks.. good going!! That Sock Wars sounds like a blast... I'll have to wait for Sock Wars II. Congratulations on the new job... how exciting... always a good reason to buy new clothes :) Have good weekend. Going to try a yard sale this weekend... hope the rain doesn't wash me out....