Sunday, April 02, 2006

Can't get any privacy

When Liam and I had our "day out" the other day, we stopped in the Thinker Toys on the way back to grandma's. I've been looking for a doll house for the boys. One that's not girly. One made of wood. One with furniture in it already. It's not easy to find a prefurnished house meeting these specs, and the wooden doll houses and accessories are already pretty pricey. I loved the Ryan's Room one I saw at one of the other local quality toy stores, but just the house alone was over $100, and that doesn't factor in the price of furniture. We already have a few of the dolls, but still...I'd have spent over $200 to get the house and furniture.

So when I found this one by Melissa & Doug that was already furnished for $99, I went ahead and splurged. There is an atrium and balcony piece that detaches from the front of the house, and there are sliding doors in the front. There aren't any stairs, but I'm sure we can figure out a remedy for that. The house has 4 rooms, two smaller, two larger, and furniture for the dining room, kitchen, bathroom, living room, and bedroom. Some of the furniture has doors that open and close, and the nightstand has a little drawer that opens. There is much potential for adding things to this little house.



The boys love it. Particularly Jonah. He enjoys opening and closing the doors on all the furniture. The dolls have wrapped wire bodies, so they can be posed, but you can't take their clothes off. Kind of hard to take care of business when you can't get your pants down.

And if you're Al Bundy, how are you going to get your hand in your pants when you watch TV if your bottoms are glued to your shirt?

Funny story to go with the Al Bundy theme. I'm raising a little Al apparently. When he sleeps, he likes to put his hand in his pants. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and roll over, and there he'll be with his hand down his pants, fast asleep. One of these days I'll get it on camera. Good blackmail fodder for later.

No comments: