Saturday, May 13, 2006

Rain, rain...go away...

After a pretty long bout of some really decent weather (lots of sun, fairly warm temps), we've been tossed back into gray dampness for the last few days with no end in sight. I'm thinking of constructing a boat and marching the animals onto it if it does not let up in the next couple of days. I looked at the weather report, and it calls for cloudy with rain showers for the next 7 days. Maybe we got translocated (I do live with an engineer after all) to the Northwest when I wasn't looking.

On top of the gloom, the elder Mr. Man has been suffering from a bout of gastroenteritis that hit last Friday and continued until yesterday early morning. Poor guy had it at both ends. Just in time for finals week and Daddy's trip out of town. To top that off, he shared his lovely germs with Grandma and Grandpa, so they all were down at one point last week. Somehow the younger Mr. Man and I narrowly escaped the dreaded scourge. Iron constitutions, I tell ya. I am thankful for missing out on all the fun, particularly with the big tests last week. Somehow we all made it through. Thank heavens for the in-laws.

So now that everyone is on the mend, I'm in planning mode. What to do with my 4 months of freedom from schoolwork? Oh, the reading I could do...and the knitting. Need a to do list. Maybe not...might get overwhelmed with all the things I need to do.

I ordered a couple of books off Amazon yesterday. One is a knitting book that will stay a secret for a while...I love secret projects! The other is the One Skein book by Leigh Radford. After all, who doesn't have a skein of luscious yarn that they just need a little something to do with it...that's not a scarf. Sometime this summer, I'd love to get my sister-in-law working on something other than scarves. Maybe a purse or something. I'm sure she'd love the felted bowl that is in the book.

I've also promised myself that I would make a list of my UFO's and get them done posthaste. I have the list on the sidebar that's been languishing for a long time now and really needs to be done. Mostly because I have a whole laundry list of knitting I'd like to get going on....and that Bond USM that needs to be used!!

For now, there's cleaning to be done. The carpet cleaner comes on Monday, and I feel a big purge coming on. Spring cleaning, here I come!

No comments: