Saturday, May 06, 2006

So sick of studying

Only 5 more days until finals. I've spent this past week on campus studying my brains out for organic chemistry in the hopes that I can pull my grade out with the final exam. My professor drives me crazy. He's about as clear as mud, makes mistakes on the board, and doesn't clarify what he really wants from us. Frustrating! He's a nice guy, don't get me wrong...but nice guys don't always make the best teachers. This guy is a total frameshift from last semester's organic teacher, who was a lovely mix of Paul McCartney and Dana Carvey. I loved being in class just to listen to the accent, but he also was so eloquent in his explanations, gave clear and concise expectations, and made sure we knew exactly what to expect from him, all the while delivering it with a great sense of humor. He was easily one of the best professors I've ever had. He certainly didn't spoon-feed us the info, but he delivered it with style while helping us to do some critical thinking.

Needless to say, teaching oneself organic chemistry from a text takes some time, so I've been MIA, and will likely continue to be for the rest of the week. I still have Molecular to study for, so that's going to have to be fit in somewhere too.

The boys are doing well despite all the craziness this week. Hubby is getting ready for a conference in Boston, so he's been pretty busy too. I've decided that once this week is done, there will be much rejoicing and recreating. I'm thinking of many trips to the zoo, lots of digging in the dirt, and plenty of knitting.

See y'all later in the week!!

No comments: