Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sweet britches

So I finally got the leggin's seamed up today. Here they are after sewing:

And below they are on Miss C. She is a strong little thing. For some reason, she just loves to stand up. She would rather stand than sit. Her muscles are getting so strong from all the being upright that she's not too terribly unstable when she is sitting up. Her biggest problem is that she tries to straighten her legs and back to stand while she's sitting, which of course, results in her flopping over one way or the other.


The dress is one of the little numbers that I found at the thrift store. She needs to wear it a couple of times soon, as she's growing out of 3-6 mos. clothes. I would love to take this dress and try to reproduce it in a larger size.

The leggings still have a bit of give in them. She'll outgrow the footies before anything else. I love this pattern so much that I'll probably make another pair, but the next pair I make may be sans footies.

I swiped an I-cord drawstring from another pair of longies that I'd made, as I don't have any ribbon to thread through the waist...and these pants needed something to draw them in.

Pattern: Cashmere leggings from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Cotton Fleece in color Cotton Ball
Needles: Size 5 and 4 circulars.
Modifications: I really didn't make any modifications to the pattern other than to substitute yarn. There was a mistake in the pattern that I found when making the foot, but I couldn't find errata on the web anywhere. I managed to figure it out on my own. I used mattress stitch to go up the side and leg seams and whipstitched the bottoms of the soles. The only thing this pattern could maybe use is some holes at the ankles to lace a ribbon through in order to keep the footies on better. This was a really fast knit that could have been done weeks ago had I actually sat down on consecutive days to work. Had the auction not happened, I would have had these done already. I would definitely knit these again, though I might try knitting the legs and feet in the round next time.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Those britches turned out so cute... I love her poses.