Sunday, February 26, 2006

The ceremonies are officially closed

Look! It's a blocking Booga bag!
I finished the bag as it was listed in the pattern before the closing ceremonies were over. However, I got a little creative and decided it needed pockets on the inside. So I finished seaming those on about 11:30. Not half bad considering I cast on late yesterday afternoon. The bag went through the wishy washy for about 25 minutes (got a front loader, so felting takes a while longer), and after shaping over a couple of books and an empty box of baby wipes, she's hanging out in the dryer, books and all, on fluff. I'm too impatient to wait for things to dry after blocking. I'm so ready to put the handles on and take this baby for a spin. Congratulations to all the knitters who won gold by finishing on time. And to those who didn't I salute you for having the balls to be in the game in the first place! Mom always said it's not whether you win or lose (or finish even), it's how you played the game.

No comments: