Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's getting hot in here...


Our first fire of the year in our woodburning stove. We haven't had one since I was pregnant with L., and I missed it. There is something about fire that I absolutely love. It is definitely associated with so many positive memories, like the summer evenings we would do bonfires and I would chat with my mom until the wee hours of the morning watching the stars do their dance across the sky. I feel warmed from the inside out, counterintuitive to what fire is supposed to do. I turned the thermostat off, and we're going to let the stove heat the house for the rest of the day...ahhhh....all I need now is a little knitting and good TV.

Speaking of knitting, I was just interviewed by phone for an article to appear in this semester's Artemis, a campus magazine dealing with women's issues. I'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Apparently when the magazine asked the organizer of the knitting thing on campus last week for an interview, they gave the reporter my contact info. I was really honored by that. Anyway, we'll see how it goes!

No comments: