Monday, February 13, 2006

Midnight ramblings

One of these days I'll get around to taking a photography class so I can take decent pictures with my digital camera. Give me old fashioned film and a manual focus, and I can take great pictures, but digital is hit or miss.

Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I noticed that everything outside was bathed in blue light. I took a peek outside, and sure enough, full moon at the zenith of the sky. It was perfectly round, and there were hazy clouds creeping past it. A haunting kind of moon. So I get all inspired and whip out the camera hoping to grab a great shot of it.

Go into the light, Carol Anne....
Surely not what I intended to capture.


The tabby cats were definitely possessed by the full moon. One of these days I'll figure out how to photoshop that out too without making them look like they've had their eyes dilated at the optometrist.


I gave up and went to bed.

Night time is one of my favorite times, mostly because there is sleep involved, and hey, who doesn't love sleep, but also because I get to snuggle on my favorite guys. L. moved to his own bed when he was 3, but he occasionally ends up in bed with us because he snuggles his brother to sleep. J. still sleeps with us at night, despite giving up nursing at night not long after he turned 2. I love having them in bed with us because I love the extra snuggles, the sweet sleeping faces, the sounds of their breathing, and the occasional sleep talk. Last night was no exception.

L. had fallen asleep in our bed because he had snuggled J. to sleep, so I had DH move the 50 pounds of sleeping preschooler back to his bed. The shuffling in bed woke J. up, and as I came to bed he asked, "Mommy, where are your nipples?" He does still occasionally as for his "nigh-nigh nuh" when I come to bed, but he hasn't actually had any for quite a long time and usually doesn't refer to my parts so anatomically correct, so I was a little surprised by his question. "Why?" I ask. "Because I just love them," he says, and then he wrapped his arms around my neck and snuggled in. "I just love you too," he punctuated with and off he went back to sleep. Silly thing. Nice to know my nipples aren't my only redeeming quality.

He got a hair cut this morning, which I do myself to save a little money, but mostly to save sanity. Taking him someplace and expecting him to sit still (even at the ones that have the videos) is asking a bit much of him. I always end up coming home and touching it up anyway (ther perfectionist in me), so I figured I'd be better off to do it myself. He gets to watch his favorite video while I trim it up (all done with scissors), and there is some squirming, so it's never perfect, but for someone not professionally trained, I don't think I do too bad a job. He always looks at least a year older by the time I'm finished with him.

Happy Monday!

No comments: