Friday, November 03, 2006

Socks of Doom!!

Just in time for Halloween (yes, I'm late in posting about it!), here lies Dear Bunnie, who met a death by lovely multicolor socks in wool.

They are warm, fit perfectly, and have flecks of yellow, green, orange, blue, and purple among the primary red. I love them. Death came all the way from the UK along with a square of organic chocolate laced with orange and herbs. Can I just say YUM! Jonah and I shared it and enjoyed.

The pair of socks that I finally completed are on their way to Columbus (by snail mail) to kill my target.

I knit them using a superwash wool/nylon blend, so hopefully they will wear well. I tried them on just to make sure I got the size right, and they seemed to fit pretty well. Hopefully my target likes them. They turned out to be pretty much identical without my having to snip out any additional yarn, which is nice. The skein I bought was big enough that I have enough left for another pair of socks. I'm thinking a pair of toe-ups in a similar pattern maybe for Liam, since he has yet to get his pair of socks. So now I am officially done with Sock Wars. It was a lot of fun, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I really need to get in on more of these swap type knit-a-longs, as they motivate me to finish my projects.

More knitting and crafty type things to be posted about imminently...what with the Children's Festival coming and all!

1 comment:

jenn said...

hello! you were my target from sock wars, but i was killed just after i started the second sock. glad to hear that you liked the yarn!