Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaBloPoMo

As autumn seems to be a time of reflection as the days grow shorter and the nights longer, I've been thinking a lot about why I keep this blog. I've been reading blogs for longer than I've been keeping my own, and part of what motivated me to start one is the cathartic feeling that writing can provide. I have never considered myself much of a writer, particularly after comparing my abilities with others out in blogland that I read regularly. Many of these fine ladies are published and stuff. I'm not sure that necessarily makes anyone more of a writer than someone who is not, but it sure helps. Writing here has given me a chance to clear my head on more than one occasion, and even if no one else reads it, the process of putting things out into space sometimes helps to make it more concrete.

I started this blog partly to keep the family informed on the goings on of myself and the kidlets and as a creative outlet for the handwork that I so enjoy. My hubby can only stand me showing him something I've made and "isn't it great how I did these short rows?" so many times before he loses his mind. Through reading other mama's blogs, I've gotten inspired to do things that I might not otherwise do, and let me tell ya...peer pressure sometimes rocks. There are many talented, creative mamas who really do it all well and right.

So, to jump on the bandwagon, (since I'm such a lemming!) I've decided to join NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month), in which I resolve to post every day this month. I might have to post twice today to make up for not posting yesterday (when I was actually finding out about this little adventure). So Blog ON!!

No comments: