Monday, November 06, 2006

Thoughts for JT

My husband's first cousin's son JT has a genetic disease known as NEMO. He is getting ready to undergo chemotherapy in preparation for a bone marrow transplant at the end of next month. I've been thinking a lot about this little guy lately, partly because of what he's about to go through, but also because he is only a month older than my own little guy, and mine seems to be growing so much lately, both physically and socially. Really puts things into perspective and makes me grateful every day that I have healthy children. I can't imagine how difficult it is for this family to endure what they have had to on a daily basis, yet they keep plugging on, and they have such a great attitude about the whole situation.

I'm thinking of doing something special for the little JT as the holidays approach, but I'm not sure what yet. Got a few ideas rolling around the old noggin, but I might ask my kiddos about what they think we could do together for him.

Go read. Don't tell me that you don't feel like hugging your healthy ones a little tighter afterward.

No comments: